Wednesday, September 28, 2011

News of the Day: Quiet Time

Those of you who read this blog may have noticed a sudden absence of posts here. Well, there are a couple of reasons for that.

1) I started a job with an insurance agency and have been learning the ins and outs the past couple of weeks. It's only a temporary thing, basically doing some dirty work for a large company, making sure people with life insurance are receiving their benefits. But getting up at 6:30 in the morning and going to bed before midnight is very strange and is something I'm only starting to get used to.

2) I've been working on several Johnny Gorgeous stories, trying to piece together a series of interlinked stories from the loveable post-apocalyptic slacker.

3) I've also started the *gasp* novel. I won't say much about it right now, but, assuming that things go as well as they have been writing-wise I may start posting it as a serial on this blog. As of right now, however, it is in unrevised, serious first-draft form, though I'm having fun with the narrative voices and the world I've set the characters in.

4) Tin Tin Can is hard at work finishing the record. Tonight, as a matter of fact, we'll be adding more background vocals; and, though I can't be there, this weekend a small choir is coming over to add some really cool stuff. On @tintincamusic Pierce has been posting sneak peaks so keep yourself updated with what we're doing. I'm sure there'll be more to come this weekend.

5) In other related news, I sold two stories. One is about the residents of a crumbling island and some very nasty beasts; the other is a zombie TV reality show. More details to come.

6) Tony, our orb-weaving spider, is doing well. He has caught many small insects and spins his web nightly. He's laid off the clubs for awhile, I think. Detox, you know?

Anyway, I may be quiet here for a bit longer as some of these things take shape. But fear not: I will return -with Books & Music Part Two soon, a "Favorite Records of 2011" post, as well as "Favorite Books," a few book reviews (including last year's Zoo City by Lauren Beukes), and posts about participating in NaNoWriMo again this November. God speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment