"...past the semiliquid sphere of the irises..." - Italo Calvino
Monday, November 15, 2010
Your Monday Morning Mock Playlist
Good morning, Workers of the World! Welcome to the first installment of Your Monday Morning Mock Playlist, wherein I, your faux-host (heretofore known as The Fauxst), will post a mock playlist that you can faux-listen to to get you through that Mind-Bendingly Boring First Day of the Work Week.
This day in history Zebulon Pike sighted Pike's Peak, the Draft of the Articles of Confederation was approved by Congress, Gemini 12 splashed softly in the Atlantic Ocean, and Sam Waterston has a birthday.
So, without further adieu, put your ears to the ground or in the clouds or wherever your ears are most comfortable because it's now time for The Fauxst's first Mock Playlist!
1. Girls - "Big Bad Mean Motherfucker" - Album
2. Andrew Graham & Swarming Branch - "I Stole the Lime" - Andrew Graham & Swarming Branch
3. Animal Collective - "Graze" - Fall Be Kind
4. Modest Mouse - "King Rat" - No One's First and You're Next
5. Neil Young & Crazy Horse - "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
6. Os Mutantes - "Caminhante Noturno" - Mutantes
7. Real Estate - "Green River" - Real Estate
8. Atlas Sound - "Shelia" - Logos
9. Brian Jonestown Massacre - "Going to Hell" - Strung Out in Heaven
10. The Clash - "Spanish Bombs" - London Calling
11. Flying Lotus - "German Haircut" - Cosmogramma
12. The Walkmen - "Angela Surf City" - Lisbon
13. Jay Reatard - "Nothing Now" - Watch Me Fall
14. Kurt Vile - "Overnite Religion" - Childish Prodigy
15. John Lennon - "Well Well Well" - Plastin Ono Band
16. The Amazing - "The Kirwan Song" - The Amazing
17. Women - "Black Rice" - Women
18. The Morning Benders - "All Day Day Light" - Big Echo
19. Muslimgauze - "Jackal the Invizibl" - Sufiq
20. Jamie Lidell - "Green Light" - Jim
This Mock Playlist brought to you by Wood Paneling, Inc. For your paneling needs: You know you should, you know you could, you might as well Wood.