Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Snow that Ate Itself

The blizzard of 2011 has come and gone and, as Jesse Hanabarger from The Hit Back sings, "you were the up-and-coming: fast you came and so fast you left," but I've finally gotten around to posting some pics taken during and post-blizzard. 
Tin Tin Can braved a band practice and Pierce's mighty beast of a vehicle nearly got stuck in the drifting snow taking Mike home. My poor Kia didn't stand a chance. Sadly, however, there are no pictures of Tuesday night, as the band decided it was best to drink White Russians after band practice (and, okay, a couple before) and watch The Parking Lot Movie - which, if you haven't seen it, follows some of the most pretentious anthropology majors as they bum their lives away as parking lot attendants.  Said one, and I quote, "The parking lot attendant is like the toll booth operator at the waystation on the highway to the american dream." Fractured poets, these guys.

Anyway, the pics:


My girlfriend's car in her apartment complex parking lot.
After several days trapped at my drummer's house, shoveling snow from the sidewalk and digging out my car, I returned to help my girlfriend dig her car out. Gloveless!


And then we made a snowman-ish thing. Look at that, he's got stars in his eyes. Poor fella!

No comments:

Post a Comment