Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Music Yum

Over the weekend, I had the pleasure to listen to two new records I think are worthy of mentioning here.

The Hit Back - Who Are Those Weird Old Kids

and

Pet Lions

Both bands are two of my favorite Chicago locals.  Jesse Hanabarger, lead singer and songwriter for The Hit Back, used to play in several bands together, chiefly The Pedals, Root Shoot Leaf, and The Scribblers.  I've known Jesse for some time and he's a pretty upstanding guy and his songwriting is simply outstanding.  It's been awhile since he's had anything available to the public, but it was worth the wait.  Check out The Hit Back at the link above.

Pet Lions has one-time multi-instrumentalist/the seedier side of Nashville cohort Tom Owens on guitar.  Tom's other band, Distractions, is also fantastic and Tin Tin Can will be playing with them at the Viaduct on February 4th.  Pet Lions is the other band and, though I'd heard these guys before and thought it pretty good, I didn't expect this wonderful sonic record.  Blew me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment