Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tin Tin Can at Reggie's Music Joint

A few weeks ago Tin Tin can shared the stage at Reggie's Music Joint on State St. in Chicago with two of our favorite bands, The Hit Back and Young Loves. It was made even more wondrous, for me at least, from the wide selection of beers. I meant to keep a list of the names of the beers I drank but, alas, I did not. I remember Dogfish, Stone Pale Ale (yes!), and something about Revolution. On their menu I found the almost-holy-grail of beers*, Arrogant Bastard, but either they no carried it or were out (whatever the waitress said was lost to the buzz numbing my ears).

The Hit Back are always great to see live: using drum loops and snyth isn't always enjoyable to watch, but these boys pull it off with incredible energy and charismatic stage presence. Young Loves, likewise, have a presence you can't ignore; they also have amazing songs - in fact, their record, Wake Up Teenage, was one of my favorites from last year.


For us, this was the first time in a very long time where we didn't perform "Arkansas." That was a bit surreal, but we're so fond of our new songs, we thought we'd give some of the old ones a break. It seemed to go over well anyway.  I know we had a good time playing, and it was great to see some old friends.


*The actual holy grail of beers, since you asked, is Raftman. I will soon sate my thirst upon this fine brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment