Monday, June 13, 2011

Your Monday Morning Mock Playlist #7

Good morning, Fauxyalists! Your Fauxst has been away for awhile, but now he's (I'm) back. Where did he (I) go, you're (you're) asking? Well! Let me tell you about a little place called Blind Knife. It's exact coordinates I do not know, but I can tell you it is a city somewhere east of Plum Island and south of Greenland. I don't know if it's underwater, perhaps it is. I breathed easily enough, however. Anyway, it is a city famous for its salt (of which I am bloated on) and its silk (of which I bought many green and gold scarves), and, perhaps most of all, its pork sausages (of which I am also bloated on). I followed a girl there. It's a simple story, really, involving kidnapping on the cattle seas by that most dubious of picaroons, Cap'n Ten Mouths, and his beetle-legged pirates; an unexpected death and an expected one; an evil archaeopteryx who flew in darkness, his poisonous prehistoric excrement raining upon the city; a daring (and unsuccessful) rescue by pear tree; a parting sausage filled with sliced pig kidneys and heart; et cetera.

Anyway, here is your first Mock Playlist in six months. Enjoy!

1. Arcade Fire - "Ready to Start" - The Suburbs
2. The Brian Jonestown Massacre - "She Made Me" - Methodrone
3. Radiohead - "Scatterbrain (As Dead As Leaves)" - Hail to the Thief
4. The Streets - "Who Got the Funk" - Original Pirate Material
5. Pavement - "Gangsters & Pranksters" - Wowee Zowee
6. Modest Mouse - "Four Fingered Fisherman" - Sad Sappy Sucker
7. Sun City America - "Voice of America #1" - Horse Cock Phepner
8. James Blake - "I Mind" - James Blake
9. The National - "Mr. November" - Alligator
10. The Notes & Scratches - "The Finest Words" - To The Other Side
11. Avey Tare - "Cemeteries" - Down There
12. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - "Lament" - The Good Son
13. Animal Collective - "But You'll Fly" - Spirit They've Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
14. Weezer - "Tired of Sex" - Pinkerton
15. Surfer Blood - "Catholic Pagans" - Astro Coast
16. Kurt Vile - "Hunchback" - Childish Prodigy
17. Bill Callahan - "All Thoughts Are Prey to Some" - Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle
18. Brother Truck - "Around the World" - The Knave
19. Paul Simon - "Let Me Live in Your City (Work-in-Progress)" There Goes Rhymin' Simon (Bonus Tracks)
20. Muslimgauze - "Last Mosque of Herzegovina" - Sufiq


This Mock Playlist is brought to you by White Gourd Drink. It's a product of Malaysia; it'll give you synesthesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment